Thursday, May 14, 2015

Asilomar Christmas Workshop and the BEST Meatloaf by Dawn that you will ever eat! Straight from Heaven!


So I am offering a Christmas class at Asilomar next year and five people have signed up to finish story quilts. I plan to have a small booklet of Christmas ornaments to copy and embellish and enjoy. I will have tree patterns and wreath patterns and ideas for both cotton and wool! 
If you would like to take the workshop it is here
Emptyspoolsseminars.com
Borders will be an option for this workshop.

Who made it a rule that red and green have to be colors of the holiday in December?
We will be discussing all of the sayings for around the holidays and songs and ideas for powerful words in your story quilt about the most beautiful holiday every year (in my opinion).
We will be discussing favrotie gifts you may have received or made. Great memories.
Memories from childhood or other people's memories.
We will be discussing yoyo's and making ornaments and other little tricks with rick rack and trims and great ideas for buttons and old jewelry.
As you can see these ideas are whimsical and happy and colorful and fun. Just like Christmas

Nativity ideas and what makes the Christmas story so very special. There are so many ways to get this quilt to be a keepsake for the entire family. I have a series of these that are borrowed by different pastors during the holidays. Everyone loved the stories and the embellishements which are not captured well in photos. Wait until you see what we are working on for the book!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I had a dear friend who died of a heart attack a couple of years ago and I miss her. She sent me her most favorite meatloaf recipe and many of you have asked for it again.
Here it is. Happily. Dawn's daughter sent this to me. :0)

Here it is Mary Lou....the very best meat loaf recipe in the whole wide world...I could eat the whole thing myself...feel free to pass it on to whom ever you want..my mom would be pleased if you did.
 
2 lb hamburger
2 1/2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
3 Tbl chili sauce
1 TLb Worcester sauce have no idea how to spell it
2 cups corn flakes
1 cup milk
2 eggs
mix in large bowl with hands is the best way...I put mine in a large cake pan, 9 x 13 I think, and make a ring out of it...leaves a large hole in the middle
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
 
When it is JUST about done I remove a little of the liquids so there is room for the sauce..I spoon the sauce over the top of the meat loaf and put it back in the oven just long enough to kind of set the sauce.
 
Sauce
brown one clove garlic in one Tbl of olive oil
add 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
dash or oregano
1/2 cup tomatoe sauce
2 Tbl honey
simmer for about 30 minutes
I usually make this while the meat loaf is cooking
 
I hope you like it...I serve it with twice baked potatoes and it makes awesome sandwiches with some thinly sliced onions.
so the challenge is on.....let me know what you think when you get time to do it...
Dawn Tonioli..a happy retreater come home
  

No comments:

Post a Comment